Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27, 2016

Wow!  I can't believe we're to the final days of kindergarten.  Thank you for all the support you've given your child this year and all the support you've given me!  My favorite thing about teaching kindergarten is how much they grow throughout the year!
My suggestion is to keep working throughout the summer.  I believe every kid deserves a break, but kids lose SO much when they are not in school!!  My recommendation is to read every day and then work at least 30-40 minutes a week on additional work...10-20 minutes on writing, 10 minutes on phonics, and 10 minutes on math. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Monday- No School

Tuesday- Movie Morning- Students may bring pillows, blankets, and a small stuffed animal.
Egg Drop- We'll be doing our Egg Drop in the afternoon (weather permitted).

Wednesday- Field Day!  This is the best day of the year to many of these kids.  They will be receiving their t-shirt on Tuesday, May 31.  Please have them wear that shirt, uniform shorts, and tennis shoes.  Lunch is provided, but if your child does not want pizza, please pack a lunch.

Thursday- Last Day of School
Awards Ceremony at 8:15 (Mostly for the older students, but parents are welcome to attend.)
Mass at 9:45
2:00 Dismissal


Have a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment